I hold an older diploma of occupational health and safety so why can’t i just enrol in the latest bsb51319 diploma of work health and safety? I hold the older ohs

I hold an older Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety so why can’t I just enrol in the latest BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety?

Often we have a chats with learners who wants to enrol straight into the current BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety. It is a tough chat when that person already holds a qualification such as BSB51307 Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety. The superseded OHS Diplomas allowed one to enrol straight into them. The Commonwealth Government through the National VET Register (training.gov.au) has determined there is an entry requirement for the current Diploma and that is the person must hold the 5 core units of a Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, or equivalent competencies:

Note: Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the units below, which have been mapped as equivalent

  • BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
  • BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
  • BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
  • BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
  • BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.

It is certainly a point of disappointment and frustration for folk to be faced with this unforeseen barrier. However, it is our experience most people that hold a OHS Diploma and have been working in the safety area for some time can credit transfer 2 units and RPL the remaining 3. Now to find out if this is your situation all you need to do is send your resume and a copy of the statement of results/transcript (the document that has all the units listed on it that accompanied your qualification) to [email protected] and we will map it free of charge and let you know your situation.