16 Nov TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Presentations
For some, one of the more “frightening” aspects of the course is the requirement to conduct a number of presentations. Realistically these should not be scary because if there is one thing Trainers have to do it is PRESENT to Learners. It can become scary because for some people, it is the first time in many years they have had to be formally assessed on their presentation skills in front of others.
The two main presentations are related to a Unit of Competency from the Delivery Learning Field entitled TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning and this is a bit special due to the requirements imposed by the Training Package.
What you have to do
facilitating group-based learning by preparing and delivering at least three training sessions, including:
- at least two consecutive sessions of at least 40 minutes duration, that follow one of the learning program designs, to a learner group of at least eight individuals
- at least one session delivered to a learner group of at least eight individuals, with evidence of how the characteristics and needs of this group were addressed
- identifying and responding to individual needs
- accessing and using documented resources, and any support personnel required to guide inclusive practices.
How it has to be assessed
- Gather evidence to demonstrate consistent performance in conditions that are safe and replicate the workplace. Conditions must be typical of those experienced in the training and assessment environment, and include access to learning program designs in use in the learning environment
- Assessors must satisfy the requirements for assessors in applicable vocational education and training legislation, frameworks and/or standards.
So to assist you we offer the following options:
- You can join in on a couple of our open and free Presentation Days. This is where we group circa 10 people either by Virtual Classroom or in person and they all spend the entire day together doing one or more of the presentations.
- You can video the presentations and send them through to us on Dropbox or a similar system to be assessed
- If you have someone that satisfies the requirements of a TAE assessor (TAE Diploma or above) then we can approve them to assess on our behalf, this is subject to several conditions.
At the moment the National VET Regulator is allowing assessment of the presentations to be completed on line, this will almost certainly revert back to In Person once the Covid19 epidemic is behind us all.
What a great time to become a VET Trainer and Assessor because 2022 will be catch up time for everyone and this will provide opportunities galore.
You will be able learn more about the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment HERE.