06 Dec Upgrading to the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Over the past 2 months we have had a substantial number of people approach us and ask what do they need to do to upgrade to BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, the latest qualification.
This is a bit of a tricky question because it depends on 2 elements:
- Which course did you complete eg BSB41407 Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety or BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Which electives you completed with your original qualification.
If we consider the Training Package rules they say:
Total number of units = 10
5 core units plus
5 elective units, of which:
- 3 units must be from Group A below
the remaining 2 units may be selected as follows:
- both may be selected from Group A, Group B or any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course at the same Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level
- 1 may be selected from a Certificate III or Diploma, from any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques
BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
PUACOM008 Develop and organise public safety awareness programs
PUAWHS003 Implement and monitor organisational work, health and safety policies, procedures and programs
RIIWHS403D Apply the mine work health and safety management plan
TAEASS301 Contribute to assessment
TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
So, we think the worst case position is 3 Units of Competency need to be completed.
If you wish to have a free assessment of what you need to do simply send a copy of your Statement of Results to email@example.com and we will have an assessor respond to you.