17 Nov What does a Learner have to do for the Unit TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools?
Given this Unit of Competency is a Diploma level Unit, it is detailed and involved. This has been placed in the TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment due to industry feedback that states newly qualified Trainers and Assessors have not been able to develop and design assessment tools to the satisfaction of their employer.
We won’t attempt to provide a tutorial in this Blog as it would be too long and boring but suffice it to say here is a list of some of the things you have to do:
- You will determine the focus of the assessment tool.
- You will Design the assessment tool.
- You will Develop the assessment tool.
- You will review and trial the assessment tool.
In meeting the assessment requirements of the Unit of Competency you will:
- develop at least three assessment tools that support different assessment methods, and address at least one unit of competency each. Each assessment tool must:
- include the instruments for collecting evidence, reflecting the principles of assessment and the rules of evidence, and related instructions to the assessor/s and candidates
- show how the contextual needs of different environments are addressed
The completion of these assessment tasks is made relatively easy when facilitated by an HBA Trainer