15 May What is a Skill Set
Within the TAE training package you will find Skill Sets. These are grouped Units of Competency from TAE that form a given learning outcome. We have seen the emergence of demand for TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessors Skill Set of recent times and we thought you might like to know what that is.
When a person is working within an enterprise and they train 1 on 1 and assess for competence (eg teaching someone how to drive a piece of equipment) they never become involved in the Design activity nor do they deliver to large groups etc so in this instance it is a great deal of unnecessary work for them to complete TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. The beauty of this skill set is it does not require hundreds of hours of post course work yet it still qualifies you to train and assess when working in an enterprise.
There are 9 current skill sets all with a clearly defined purpose:
- TAESS00009 Address Foundation Skills in Vocational Practice Skill Set
- TAESS00010 Advanced Assessor Skill Set
- TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set
- TAESS00012 Enterprise and Industry Engagement Skill Set
- TAESS00013 Enterprise Trainer-Mentoring Skill Set
- TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
- TAESS00014 Enterprise Trainer-Presenting Skill Set
- TAESS00016 Sustainable Practice Skill Set
- TAESS00017 Workplace Supervisor Skill Set
You may find you do not need to hold the entire qualification.