25 Jun What is BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices about?
Most qualifications allow for a number of core units and a number of electives. The electives tend to orientate or fine tune the qualification to a particular specialisation or industry specific activity. In BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety we note the Training Package rules allow for 5 core units and 5 electives. HBA has chosen the above unit as an elective as we know most organisations are concerned about sustaining the environment and contributing to a brighter future for the next generation, these things assist in the making of a good corporate citizen.
In considering the above unit there are several things that need to be studied and learned, here are some (not all) of the subjects:
- All organisations are controlled by environmental legislation, this can cover operational, administrative and day to day activities. In the course you will identify the legislation, regulations and standards that apply to your industry.
- We identify how to collect and analyse the necessary data to assess your organisation against sustainability best practice.
- You will learn how to develop efficiency targets and the various methods to monitor outcomes.
- You will learn how to implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Once you identify efficiency methods we then show how they must be integrated into the companies operational activities. This is putting theory into practice!
- It is a requirement that all stakeholders are consulted so we will show you how to identify the various stakeholders and the best methods of communicating with them.
- Once you have implemented the various strategies, how do you measure their effectiveness? At what point do you develop new targets?
These elements and many more are all covered in this Unit of Competency.