07 Aug What will the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment teach me? – Part Two
Following on from our previous part of what the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will teach you, we will now introduce you to another core unit.
A second core Unit of Competency is;
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs.
A unit of competency is made up of many components, including:
Elements of (these describe the essential actions or outcomes)
- Performance Criteria (required performance in relevant tasks, roles & skills to demonstrate achievement of the element)
- Performance Evidence (the skills to be demonstrated)
- Knowledge Evidence (what you need to know in order to safely & effectively perform work tasks described in the unit of competency)
- Foundation Skills (combination of language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) and employability skills)
- Assessment Conditions (stipulates any mandatory conditions for assessment, conditions under which evidence for assessment must be gathered & assessor requirements)
The task is to read, analyse and interpret all of these elements and to assemble them in a fashion that allows a learner to be provided with sufficient underpinning knowledge to allow them to be able to commence the assessment activities. In essence it is here where you will learn how to design a course and this needs to be done in line with the Australian Qualifications Framework, the training package rules and the standards for RTO’s.
There is no doubting this Unit will tax the most intellectual of individuals as the task is demanding. Within the class we will provide you with a list of recommended Units to use plus templates for the activity.